Friday, July 27, 2012

Back to Work - Hello First Grade!

April 23, 2012

It's funny how things play out. I had a discussion with my CT about which grades I would like to teach.  Right away I said I don't think I could teach first grade. Well that same day I received a call from my school's Administrative Assistant.  I was asked if I would be interested in filling in as a sub (first grade) for the remainder of the school year.  I gave it some thought.  I really loved working with my kindergarten classroom teacher and was anxious to get back to our classroom and kids.  Although I would miss working in our classroom, this would be a great opportunity for me to gain more classroom experience as the lead teacher.  And with me searching for a classroom position for the 2012-2013 school year, what better way than to show what I have learned and applied them in the classroom?  I would love to work in my current school next September, so now is the time to put my best foot forward and show and prove how much of an asset I could be to the school. 

So, after seven weeks away from my job, I returned back to work!  I'm so happy to be back!  The sad part, is that I will not be with my kindergarten kids :-( The good thing is that I will be right across the hall from them so I will still see them every day.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment