Friday, January 11, 2013

Teacher of the Month

Guess who was nominated for Teacher of the Month for the month of December?  That's right, yours truly!  I was truly shocked when I saw my name.  Being named teacher of the month was one of my goals for this school year.  It may not be a big deal to some, but I'm so proud to have achieved this goal.  Some may have questioned, "Why her?"  And to that I say, "Why not?"  #Favor 

Well on to the next goal - implementing math work stations.  You may remember a post I made a few months back about reader's workshop and how I wanted to give it a try in my classroom.  Well, I decided to put it on hold and start with math.  Math, in my opinion, will be much easier to implement than reading.  I haven't given up on reader's workshop.  I plan to devote some time working on it during the summer break.  I believe adding these workshops will help both myself and my students.  Trying to teach to the whole class, can be very frustrating.  So it's time I change things up a bit.  So enter, math workshop!  I'll be sure to let you all know how it turns out.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment