Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The First Day of School

The 2012-2013 school year is off to a great start!  I was a tad bit nervous and so were my kids.  The first 20 minutes they were all shy and quiet.  I encouraged them to take a look around the room or talk with a friend about the summer vacation.  They just stared at each other.  I was thinking to myself I have a boring group of kids. LOL! That all changed about 15 minutes later.  Much of the day was devoted to going over routines and procedures with a mixture of fun activities.  All in all, I have a great group of students.

Experience is the best teacher!  I have had the pleasure of working with a great group of teachers during my five years at the school as a TA.  I've learned so much from these ladies.  Working alongside these great teachers has made my transition from TA to classroom teacher much easier.  My mentor has been dubbed the "Differentiation Queen".  Implementing differentiation instruction, is one of my goals for the school year.  I'm very eager to implement it into my classroom.  I was told that my mentor started off in my current classroom.  See where I'm going..... :-)       

No comments:

Post a Comment