Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Books, Books, Books and More Books!

I visited the school yesterday and today, to start cleaning and arranging my furniture.  I like the arrangement I have, and loving the fact that I will have only 13 students.  Sweet!!!!!!  This year third grade is split between three rooms, thus the small number of students.  There are 40 total students in grade three.  

So far, I spent about eight hours total, arranging my classroom and it doesn't look like I accomplished much.  I've spent most of the time organizing my classroom library.  In a previous post I stated that I would spend a few hours a day in my class, at least twice a week.  Well that was weeks ago and I didn't keep my promise..........so I'm spending a great deal of time organizing.  There are so many books in my classroom, every-time I think I'm finished with the books, I find another bin.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the books it's just taking much more time than I expected on getting organized.  Let's see what I can tackle tomorrow.


This is the only organized area in the classroom so far........


I'm arranging the chapter books by author.  To get organized, I placed these letter punch-outs on the floor and begin sorting by last name......







 




No comments:

Post a Comment