Friday, August 1, 2014

It's August Already...


Today marks the first day of August.  For many teachers everywhere, the month of August is a sign that summer vacation is slowly coming to an end.  How is that summer vacation is nearly over, when I haven't even begun?  My school year ended on June 27th, yet I haven't stopped working, except for the July 4th Holiday.  Since school ended, I've helped to get curriculum ready for the upcoming school year, as well as attend training for a new program my school is piloting in September.  So much for summer vacation, right?  Well, I have off the next two weeks and I'm going to make the best of it by enjoying my summer.  

I have so much to do, with very little time. I promised myself not to stress over things that are beyond my control but I can't help but to worry (just a tad bit), about getting ready for September.  My school is housing a summer camp, and some of the classrooms are being used, one of those classrooms belong to me.  Because my room is being utilized, I won't have much time to prep it before students return to school.  I'm not too happy about this but it's beyond my control.  It's one of those things that I just have to deal with.  Getting myself worked up about it, will not do me any good.  I have to remind myself that it's not just me that's affected, it's my entire floor.  But I sure wish things were handled a little differently with the camp situation.  I'll have to come up with a game plan on how I'm going to tackle my classroom; make every second count in that short time frame.  I'm sure everything will work out fine, and my room will be ready, and welcoming on the first day of school.


Until next time...


2 comments: