Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer Vacation............

Wow!  It's been quite some time since I made a post.  Today is July 4th and like most of you, I'm enjoying my summer break!  The school year ended over a week ago, on Monday, June 24th.  I can honestly say I had an awesome first year!  And I'm not bragging or anything, but I had THE BEST group of third graders ever!  I'm going to miss them all so much.  This group will have a special place in my heart because they were my first "babies."  There were many memories made over the course of the school year, many laughs and cries.

Our third grade team of three, has now become a team of two.  Because of this change, I had to switch classrooms during the last week of school.  For me, this wasn't a welcomed change because I LOVED my old room.  But there's no since in sweating the small stuff, so I'll just have to accept the change, and make more memories in my new classroom.  I'm excited for the new school year but for now I'm going to enjoy my summer vacation.  I have my own list of summer reading that I want to complete and some videos I need to watch.  I also need to think of a new name for this blog, since I'm no longer a first year teacher.  I promise to get better at blogging and update more often.  

But for now, I'll leave you with one of my favorite summertime songs.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment